The Inaugural 100 Who Care Alliance Leadership Conference was held May 1-2, 2015 in Chicago, IL. In attendance were 96 women and men founders of 100 Who Care Chapters. These dynamic individuals represented 49 chapters located throughout the United States and Canada.
To help set the tone of the #ThePowerOf100, we shared that if all chapters that existed were at capacity, collective donations per year by all chapters to nonprofits to be over $10 million. We tallied how much just those chapters present at the conference had donated during their existence and found the number to be over $4.5 million!
Other conference highlights included:
1. Karen Dunigan’s sisters, Jane Uhila and Patty Sete, shared a heart warming and touching history about Karen and how 100 Women Who Care began. Please click here to read their touching tribute.
2. Marilyn Foster Kirk, a nonprofit fundraising professional, spoke to us about trends in giving and philanthropy and how giving circles are new ventures in philanthropy. Please click here to view Marilyn’s presentation.
3. Jacqueline Destremps, co-founder of 100 Women Who Care Valley of the Sun and founder of Another Hand Advantage, a web design and digital marketing company, spoke to us about internal communications and how to expand our message through the use of social media and press. Please click here to review Jacqueline’s presentation on Internal Communications or click here to review her presentation on Expanding our Message.
4. Collectively we shared best practices on a range of topics including:
- Conducting the meeting
- Meeting venue
- Increasing the nominations in the hat
- Collecting the money
- Membership recruitment and retention
- Role of the nonprofit
- Social Media and Marketing